Phys Ed – Week 9 and 10 update

In the Junior School, children have had the opportunity to practice their fundamental movement skills with various types of equipment set out. Some children worked collaboratively to design an obstacle course. Year 1 and 2 students were encouraged to practice their Olympic Day goals during sport time, with many children showing excitement as they achieved it. 

3/4 students took part in a 3 sport rotation last week – newcomb or badminton, table tennis and pickle ball. This week they have enjoyed playing ‘Ultimate Survivor’. 

5/6s students took part in a 4 sport rotation last week – newcomb or badminton, table tennis, foam noodle agility challenge and skipping. This week they had more agency and choice, selecting from a number of options set out. One group in particular are loving volleyball, and they are hoping to start a lunch time club to practice next term.

It has been wonderful to see the enthusiasm of students continue, with the 3-6 students joining us over the last 2 weeks!

Student reflections about returning to Phys Ed class after working remotely.

Molly (Year 3): I have enjoyed learning more skills and being with my friends.

Tristan (Year 4): I have enjoyed the morning sprints and learning with my teacher again. It has been fun playing games with my friends.

Ben (Year 4) It has been much easier doing sport here. You get to play sports that don’t have to be at home, you have a lot more room. 

Fox (Year 4) You are more free because you get to run around.

Claudia (Year 3) I have liked having more space and equipment. I have more people to play with. Princes Hill has the right place for each type of sport. I have been playing Pole Tiggy which is really nice.