Let us learn through the multiple modes of expression!
We have been working very productively at our best, to explore how we can operate effectively as a 3/4 Learning Neighbourhood. We are currently exploring the following provocations collaboratively throughout each neighborhood:
Art Studio :
- Little Jars of Sunshine – Create a heart felt message that will brighten up someone’s day!
- Our Wondering – Wonder how can you achieve your best? Wonder how at your best looks, feels and sounds like?
- Community building bricks – Using a rectangular prism as a brick, express your perspective of how we can achieve our best as a community.
New Provocation commencing next week: TRASH to TREASURE Artworks – Check out some inspiration online! Do you know of any artists that use recycled materials as art?
Learning Commons / Construction Area:
- Melbourne Wonders: Explore 5 leading questions about the 2D and 3D properties of buildings around Melbourne. Who were the architects that designed these buildings?
- Constructing 3D solids using various construction materials.
- Plastic Oceans Provocation
- World TRASH online tracker!
- Chinese Zodiac Provocation
Maths Daily 3 Provocations: One of the biggest hits has been our $100 budget shopping list!
Students have been taking their learning deeper to concepts such as :
- Creating whole school awareness around littering – surveying how many students have nude food in their lunchboxes.
- Investigating cause and effect of littering in ocean habitats.
- Our expectations of the environment vs the reality