The JSC are organising 3 events as part of Book Week.
- Whole School Short Story Competition – Closes Friday August 19
The Short Story Competition is kindly sponsored by The Little Bookroom, 759 Nicholson St, Carlton North. They’ve generously donated book vouchers for the winners and runners-up.
There are four categories:
Prep, Years 1 and 2, Years 3 and 4, Years 5 and 6
- Stories are a maximum of 300 words.
- The theme is friendship.
- Only one entry per student.
- Please include name, year and home group on your story.
- Please print your story neatly and put in the marked box on the counter in the office.
Closing date is Friday August 19 and winners will be announced at the big book parade assembly on Friday August 26.
Judges are organising members of the JSC and Leesa Lambert from The Little Bookroom.
- Great Big Book Swap – Wednesday August 24
When? Wednesday August 24
Where? The gym
What you need to do: Bring your (good) book you want to swap to the gym before school on Wednesday August 24 and you’ll get a ticket. Bring the ticket and your gold coin at lunchtime and get a new book.
Can I swap as many books as I like? Yes. But you need a gold coin per book!
What sort of books should I donate? Bring in books that are the same age as the books you want to take home. Otherwise we end up with lots books nobody wants!!!
- Whole School Costume Parade – Friday August 26
Whoever your favourite BOOK character is, you need to get busy. Because on Friday August 26th the JSC are having a WHOLE SCHOOL costume parade, as part of our Book Week celebrations.
There will be great prizes for best costume, most realistic costume, and most creative costume.
Thanks very much