During provocation time this week, there has been a focus of creating something that they did on the holidays to share with the Neighbourhood. We encouraged the Preps explore this idea using of a variety of expressive languages.
- Painting – with water colour
- Modelling – with clay
- Collaging – cutting and glueing paper to create a picture
- Holiday story boards – working on their illustrations to tell a story about an event from their holiday.
- Using alphabet strips, picture dictionaries and teacher support to have a go at writing key words from their story.
- Sharing their holiday story with a peer – retelling the story, using the pictures to assist with the sequence.
- A variety of blocks are available to build something from their holiday.
- Count the number of blocks used in the construction.