Week 5 Learning Reflection

Dear parents and carers,

As we all prepare for a return to onsite learning in Week 7, here is a snapshot of what has happened in Week 5 in the Year 2 community.

Remy’s angle hunt.

Remy: This week I wrote some big words like ‘experiments’ and it was hard. I learned about the intergalactic alliance when I watched Star Wars. I saw a woman’s rights poster that said “Don’t get mad, get elected”. I was proud to finish lots of art projects and I enjoyed Going on a Bear Hunt yoga for PE.

Evie H documenting her community.

Edie responding to a tutorial with artist Kenny Pittock at the NGV.

Eve’s angle hunt.

Tuesday’s Fibonacci sequence inquiry.

Francie: This week, I have loved learning about all the different angles. My favourite angle is an acute angle. I remember it because it’s small and cute!

Charlotte: This is my interpretation of Dance Fragments, 1980, by Emmett Williams

Camilla: I have been doing maths with my grandma, she was a maths teacher. My grandpa is still a home group teacher but he is my English teacher. It is really helping me. My grandma teaches me my timetables. She uses an app to help me.

Undram: My favourite activities were the Double Helix Quiz and the Poetry activities. The challenges l faced were the coding and the Double Helix Quiz.

Vivienne: I made a thing for the Daily Morning Message about how I feel about the day. 

Alex: It was so good to work out directions, working with a compass and looking at my community. It was great to put together a project like this. I had so much fun creating this.

Ihsahn: Practicing the Daily Number this week was cool as I was spending money for my cat and our kitchen. I went to Sydney for 4 days and I went to my nanny and poppy’s house. I played Roblox.

River’s street art.

Nina’s documentation of her community.

Have a relaxing weekend in the sunshine.

The Year 2 Team