Week 3 Learning Reflections

Dear supportive and dedicated parents and carers,

These are the collated reflections of the Year 2 neighbourhood for Week 3. The learning and engagement has been outstanding as has the involvement and input of parents and carers. Well done to everyone!

One highlight this week was the virtual excursion to the Getty Museum. See below for some responses.

Ivy Belle: Mona Lisa by Leonardo de Vinci

Ebony : recreation of ‘Mantel Clock’ by Pierre-Philippe Thomire and Jean-Guillaume Miotte 

Remy’s recreation of a beetle.

Evie H’s still life recreation.

Gigi’s painting response.

Sotir’s response.

Nina’s response.

Wilco: We have been counting up by 5s to 100 and then down back to 0 then we start at 11 and count by 5s up to 106 then back to 0.

Undram: This week l have been doing skip counting and Daily number and l have been doing poetry and lots more. My favourite activities are the Daily number, poetry, skip counting and l liked doing family tree. l had a challenge of doing the family portraits because l didn’t know who to draw but then l drew myself it was fun.

Joanna: This week I have learnt how to measure things like a chair and a pot plant.  Sometimes I measure things that are hard to measure, sometimes I don’t.  I have always enjoyed measuring things because you can see what size things are and how tall they are.  There are a lot of things to measure so it is hard to run out of things to measure. 

Iggy: This week  I have learnt to do a new dance.  It was fun to learn because I now know some new moves. It made me feel happy.

Isaiah: The challenges I have had during this home learning time is…. it can be very stressful at times and it takes a long time to complete one task because there can be a lot of distractions. The other challenge is not being able to see people…. though we have been written cards and making Play-Dohs and delivering them to those who are close by.

It felt amazing seeing them all even if it was just for a bit.

The positive side of this is that I can truly dedicate more time on the areas I need to improve… which is my handwriting, maths, chemistry and my music which has been fantastic.

Nina: I have been investigating my family history.

Alex: I loved doing the native tree science project, having a go at the multiplication challenge and I loved the book of George’s Marvellous Medicine. Good week.

Makaila: My favourite thing this week is the BTN Classroom Episode 2020. My other favourite thing this week is the experiment.

Francie’s real-life measuring.

Charlotte: I really enjoyed doing my family tree and learning about my ancestors. I learnt that I have Iranian, Italian, English and Irish blood!

Binderiya’s independent writing brainstorming.

Gigi: I have been feeling good about this week’s learning. I’m also feeling quite sick. I have enjoyed doing Italian and writing this week. 

Evie H’s science experiment reflection.

Ihsahn: The Daily Numbers were fun this week and I loved my chin-ups on the stairs. It was cool counting by 10s and 8s. The mindfulness tapping helped me sleep. I felt happy, sad and good. I learnt more maths and I did so much P.E. It was fun!

Remy: This week I learnt that in prodigy if you go on your map and click on the grass lands, behind you there is a path and it is a secret path. The white hand never points to it.

I learnt how to make fruit juice in our juicer at home.

The science experiment was cool – when we poked the science experiment egg that had been soaking in vinegar – it burst!

Vivienne’s research (in progress):

Koen’s number response:

Tayma: What happiness looks like to me.

Have a wonderful weekend.

The Year 2 Team