State Library Excursion Reflections

Thank you to all of the fantastic parents who came along on today’s excursion. Here are some photos of the morning and our State Library Excursion reflections…

• I loved to see the Cricket Ashes (Lewis)
  • I liked the reading corner downstairs.  There were lots of new books (Sophie)
  • I liked the mini sculpture of the State Library at the very start when you walked in (Lilian)
  • I loved playing chess (Ozzy)
  • When I saw the telephones upstairs I was very shocked because I didn’t think there would be any telephones in there. I got to speak with the Curator (Olivia)
  • I liked the machine that you can get receipt, map type things out of (Wren)
  • I liked the teddies in the Children’s Quarter.  They have fluff inside of them and a soft fur on the outside.  It was dark brown, light brown and white (Thomas)
  • I really liked the Create Quarter because of all the spinny chairs (Sunny W)
  • I was amazed by the doors that opened and closed by themselves (Theo)
  • I really, really liked the Children’s Quarter because it had costumes and yellow foam bricks (Owen C)
  • I felt scared when I saw the doors open and close by themselves (Banjo)
  • I liked those red spinny chairs because they span fast (Abdullah)
  • I felt scared when they told us about the ghost (Izzy)
  • I liked Ned Kelly’s armour because it was really shiny and when I looked at it I could kind of see my face in it (Wesley)
  • I enjoyed looking around the Ian Potter’s Queen Hall. I liked looking at all the different books that were there (Scarlett Hont)
  • There was a skylight roof in the Queen’s Hall and old timber desks that had a metal ring pull that lifted up the reading book stand (River and Hugo)
  • I liked looked looking at Ned Kelly’s armour because my mum and dad told me that Ned Kelly was involved with my family (Sonny D)
  • I thought the old fashioned telephones were funny because they kept on ringing and when we answered them no one was speaking (Sebastien) 
  • I was amazed by the detailed roof (Harry)
  • Kat and I saw a very pretty dress.  It was green and in the middle it had a picture of a flower (Alannah)
  • I thought the stained glass window on level six was very colourful and detailed (Alessia)
  • I liked the size of the Queen’s Hall because it was so big (Maggie)
  • I enjoyed the room above the Create Quarter because it has chess sets and we were allowed to play it (Franzi)
  • I enjoyed looking down over to the Children’s Quarter where I looked down and saw Wren’s group (Scarlett Hope)
  • I really loved the wooden castle in the Children’s Quarter because it has lots of space to read, pencils and paper for kids to draw and you could look down and see what people were doing downstairs (Owen L)
  • It was exceptional when I looked down from the top balcony into the reading room (Claudia)
  • It was wonderful when my group went into the Staff Only Area with Bethany (a staff member who also has a child who is in Prep at PHPS) because we got to see little draws that you pull out.  (Molly)
  • I liked the Children’s Quarter because of the bricks.  I got to build stuff (Felix)
  • It was surprising when I looked down and realised how high one flight of stairs was (Sammy H)
  • For some reason, I feel like the ghost was following my group (Lyla)
  • It was stunning that when I waved at people from up high they actually waved back at me (Bessie)
  • I learned that there was two pairs of staircases ontop of eachother.  The first staircase got worn down because there was so many people walking on it (Hugo)
  • We first went to the Children’s Quarter I found a pretend toy camera. When you looked through the lens in the corners it made a million ears appear (Tao)
  • I was in Susy’s group (Harriet)
  • On some of the stairs on the outside there were some fossils in some marble rocky stuff and they were really shiny (Archie M)