Week 4 Learning Reflection

Dear lovely parents and carers,

This week the Year 2 Neighbourhood sent the book to the printers in a digital format! While we wait for the published copies to arrive, we worked on describing our illustrations that will appear next to our narratives in the book.  These descriptions will be helpful for people who visit our Neighbourhood to get a better understanding of our ideas behind our artworks. Our writing is a way of sharing important information that we would like people to know. In the description we included a number of things:

Why I chose this particular scene to make a picture of (Ziyu)

What part of the story the scene is in (Owen L)

How I made it and why I made it (Banjo)

Where my characters are.  Mine were in a spooky forest (Kat)

Who the characters are.  My characters are called Jessica and Jessica’s mum (Sophie)

I described more about what is happening in the scene (Ozzy)

I also described in more detail what is happening in my setting which is a science lab (Tao)

These illustrations descriptions have culminated in a stunning and informative new display that has already drawn many compliments from those who have been privileged enough to view it.  If you would also like to feast your eyes on our wonderful annotated artworks, please enter through the west facing Year 2 Neighbourhood metal framed glass doors and proceed to the Learning Commons.  There will also be a spattering of students’ work in the Workshop Space. Archie M assures you it will “blow your mind”.

Yours in fine spirits,

The Year 2 Nighbourhood