Week 2 Learning Reflection

Dear parents and carers,

Welcome to our second blog post for term 2. These are some of the things we have been doing in the Year 2 neighbourhood over the past week.

We have introduced Move it May to every neighbourhood at PHPS. Wait! You might not know what Move it May is, let us explain it to you. Move it May is like Active April but for the month of May. The Year Twos invented it to encourage everyone in our community to stay fit and active for the whole year (just wait for Jumping June…). We have printed calendars to help ourselves track our activity every day by recording what activity we do (for example, swimming, soccer, gymnastics, walking) and how long for (in minutes or hours). In Projects and Provocations this week we designed ambassador badges, made posters and wrote persuasive texts. Some of the ambassadors visited the neighbourhoods in our school to share our work and let everyone know what Move it May is – the photos below are taken by a few keen photographs in Year 2 as well. 

I made an example calendar showing people how to fill out a Move it May calendar. (Wesley)

The 5 / 6 neighbourhood really liked my message. They said we spoke really well. (Tristan,Claudia,Maggie,Jessica)

I spoke to the 3 / 4 neighbourhood. It went well but we should have worked out who spoke first, it was a bit confusing at the start. (Lachlan)

It was really fun speaking in front of all the 3/4s. (AJ)

Today in music with Deb we started to learn three new songs. We will be performing these songs at a very special assembly next Friday. All mothers,carers and people who look after us are invited to our ‘Mother’s Day’ Assembly in the morning on Friday 10th of May.

On Wednesday 8th May we will be doing the annual PHPS WALKATHON. This week we have been measuring the lap distance with a trundle wheel. In another workshop we made predictions about things we could measure related to the Walkathon. At the end of the day students were sent home with their sponsorship page to fill out and bring back next week (these are available to print off from the link on Compass, however we thought to make it easier we would print them out for students). 

I predict I will walk 4km (Banjo)

I predict I will do 20 laps (Ziyu)

I predict I will do 2 more laps than Lachlan (Bessie)

I predict I will do 12 laps (Wren)

I predict it will be 22 degrees on the day. I am going to use a thermometer on the day and see how close I get (Hugh)

I predict I will eat less ice cream than everyone else (Robert)