On Wednesday we did a cooking session where made lovely Jam Drops. These proved to be very popular and a number of families requested if we could post the recipe on the blog.
Below is the recipe we used:
- 20m prep
- 15m cook
- makes 30
- 125g salted butter, softened
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) self-raising flour
- Plain flour, to dust
- 115g (1/3 cup) strawberry or raspberry jam
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat the butter , sugar and vanilla essence in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat until combined. Sift flour over the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Step 2Use lightly floured hands to roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on the prepared trays, about 5cm apart. Use a lightly floured finger to make an indentation in the centre of each ball. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of jam into the centre of each biscuit.
- Step 3Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway through cooking, or until the biscuits are cooked through and light golden. Remove biscuits from the oven. Set aside on trays for 30 minutes to cool completely.