Week 4 Reflection

Kintsugi is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery by mending the areas and cracks with gold. They do this to honour the cracks, dignify the scars and not hide them but most importantly to make the fractured object more beautiful and unique than it was before”.

The journey towards the Princes Hill Wellbeing Arts Festival has begun in the Year 2 neighbourhood. After meeting Tony, Emily, Darren and Sarah the Year 2 students responded with questions and connections.

Charlotte: We were talking about what we liked about them. One thing that we liked was that they do really cool things and another one was we started thinking about what we liked about specific persons. One of the things I said about Sarah was that I like that she does collage and she doesn’t use paper that already has colours. She uses tissue and adds glue and adds dye and brushes it.

Zoe: I was partnered with Mimi. She said that she really liked doing the art with Sarah because she liked doing really cool colours that she had. She also said that she liked using big paintbrushes. 

Undram: Zula said that she had a question for Emily. She thought why does she like singing? Eve said ‘how old was she when she started singing?’

Heidi: I was partners with Wilco. We talked about questions that we want to ask the artists. I said, ‘Why did Tony want to be a dancer?’

Iggy: I was partners with Jack K. We liked doing art with Sarah when we put medium and ink on tissue paper and brushed it to make different colours to make a whole group collage.

Nina; I was partners with Ava. We were talking about our favourite things about each of the artists. Ava said her favourite thing about Darren was that he travelled all around the world to take pictures. 

Evie M: I was partners with Tuesdays. One thing I said about Tony was in the video where he was dancing with the wind and I liked how he was starting to go fast and then slowing down and also how he was making shapes like the branches.

Wilco: I’m kind of adding onto what Heidi said because she was my partner. We said that he must really like dancing and that’s why he wanted to be a dancer. 

http://phpsspecialists.global2.vic.edu.au/

Ihsahn: Me and my partner were looking at pictures that Darren took. If you look behind you can see the stories of the pictures. In one of them there was cars polluted, rivers and beaches. It was a very sad photo because the environment gives us food, it gives us air and it gives us lots of things. 

Edie: Me and my partner Felix we were talking about what we liked about the people. We both had the question to Darren “How often does he go to those mini islands near Australia?”

Gigi: Me and Tony were talking about Tony’s provocation about where we could do dancing at home. Tucker said that it would be like we were all packed up in a cupboard because there wouldn’t be much space to dance in. 

Alex: Dancing in a small space is similar to remote learning because we only had a small space to work in. They’re kind of the same because it’s hard to dance in a cupboard and maybe you had a small space to work in for remote learning. 

If you were stuck dancing in a cupboard for a while, you might feel:

Evie: Squeezed

Zoe: Stressed

Alex: Empty

Felix: Annoyed

Makaila: Tight and uncomfortable

Tucker: Worried about being stuck and not getting out

Eve: Scared because it could be quite dark in there.

Owen: Bored

Tuesday: Frustrated

Binderiya: Hot

IvyBelle: Frustrated because if you wanted to do dance moves and didn’t realise you had to be in a cupboard you might realise you had to do it in there and you couldn’t do the moves you were planning. 

Wilco: What Ivy said kind of happened to me and might have happened to other people. Maybe they were planning to go on a holiday or be somewhere and then lockdown hit and they couldn’t do any of the things that they were planning. 

Nina: I remember that when I was looking at the newspaper with my mum we came to this page of the newspaper where it was a picture of a market in China and there was everyone wearing face masks and I asked my mum why and she said a special flu thing is in China and I just thought it was something small and I didn’t really know anything about it until Mum started making me washing my hands a lot and she started making masks. On another time I saw something on the newspaper there was a video and I saw Daniel Andrews saying that Coronavirus has hit Australia and lots of people were trying to buy toilet paper and I asked what was happening and my Mum told me that the flu that was happening in China had come to Australia. 

Reflecting on Emily’s provocation:

Undram: It might be the sound of sneezing and coughing.

Gigi: It might be windy because covd-19 spread quickly and if it’s hard to see if might be because it’s really really fast. 

Seb F: Maybe the coronavirus is invisible and it’s quick but you can feel it. 

IvyBelle: Maybe a cough and water sounds and soap dispensers getting pushed. 

Ihsahn: We could put a picture on the computer with this provocation. We could make a list of the sounds we think. Maybe we can’t see covi-19 because it might be the size of an atom. 

Zoe: I have a question. I just wonder if the coronavirus has bones because it’s so tiny. Does it have teeny-weeny bones?