Term 3 Week 2 Learning Reflection

Dear Parents and Carers,

Welcome to our first blog post for Term 3!  It has been a busy week in the Year 2 Neighbourhood and everyone has made a very smooth transition back to remote learning.  We continue our inquiry into The Self – An Exploration into Individual Identity and Expression.  Read on for some dazzling student reflections on our learning and wellbeing for this week:

Aurelian: I have been taking a break to play some Lego if I get frustrated with my school work.  Sometimes my dad plays with me which I love.  Playing with Lego helps me stay happy.

Robert: I drew my cat Pixel.

Ebony: I think this time when we do remote learning it is going to be much, much easier than last time because we know how the system works and we are able to still communicate.

Isabella:

Mimi: In remote learning I have been doing my morning videos and learning reflections.  We have been making videos of what makes us happy.  We have done a miming activity and answering questions about what we saw.  

Wilco: I learned that mimes only wear black and white. They do funny performances.  Before I thought that mimes only go on the streets but now I know that mimes perform in theatres as well.  They usually do very funny performances.

Ivy Belle: A challenge for me in remote learning is that it is a little bit harder than in the actual school because on the school whote board we could see what they are doing at the exact time.  A good thing about remote learning is that the year 2 teachers have put things on Seesaw like Prodigy, build our own safe house and many other things.  The fun thing about remote learning is listening to the book Malamander.  Some people might miss Malamader at school but on remote learning you will not miss out on it.  When I was doing maths, one of Kate’s videos said that Jack found a website that had a random number generator and that inspired me so I tried it and it is really good.  

Undram: My challenge was adding detail to the Find Your Own Writing Seed l just didn’t add enough detail how l over came my challenge was adding the detail and writing about the memories l had with my little sister and how it felt to have a little sister.

Koen: I find remote learning hard because you are stuck indoors and for me it’s kind of hard to relax. A way I can overcome this is doing a few pieces of work and then I can have a break.

Seb J: The last few weeks I started a business with my mum. I have doing a business and selling T-shirts with my art work to raise money save koalas 🐨
It’s Khaoz Street wear. You can see it here www.khaozstreetwear.com
So far we have raised $75 for the World Wildlife Fund.
My three learnings about business are:
Selling some things for money 💰💰 is challenging
Money is really valuable for some people
Having a business is not as easy as you think

Vivienne: This week home school has been much easier than last term because there are less activities so it is easier so I don’t get confused. I learned when you are at the beach your safety are stay near the red and yellow flags,put on sun screen and find some shades.

Xanthe: I haven’t known how to code until now so the hour of code really taught me something and I enjoyed doing the science quiz because it was challenging but it couldn’t fool me.

Gigi:

Binderiya: Dear Parents and Carers, Welcome to our Term 3 Week 2 Blog Post. This is the first Term 3 blog post. There is this book called Malamander and the Year 2 Neighborhood are super-dooper interested in the book! Ruby reads the book for us till Monday to Friday, and after she reads each chapter on Tuesday to Friday, after that we (The Year 2 Neighborhood), do a challenges or activities, their super FUN! Well on Mondays we just chill and hear and listen to the chapter, because after reading the chapter ( on Mondays), after we get to not do activities or challenges.

Camilla: This term we have gone into Remote Learning again. It has been good. We have been exploring what it means to be happy. We have come up with lots of ways, for example I’m happy because my dog keeps me happy but she is not with us because we are at Wye River and there are no dogs allowed. I am happy and sad that my dad can not come because he has work and he can not work from home because he does cooking. Thanks for listening. I hope you enjoyed it.

Charlotte: I enjoyed learning more about fraction while cooking blueberry muffins.

Edie: This week of remote learning was really good. Some days it was weird and tricky. I wrote daily timetables every day.

Seb C-M: This week I learnt how to code, it was really fun. I’m enjoying the Malamander chapters. It’s a really good book and I like it. The LEGO was really fun to build because I like to build stuff a lot. I built a house from lots of different colours. It was for construction and building a safe place.