Week 6 Learning Reflection

As we transition back to onsite learning next week the Year 2 neighbourhood would like to extend an enormous congratulations to everyone in the community for their engagement and positive approach over the past 6 weeks.

Here is a sizzling snapshot of what the Year 2 neighbourhood has been up to:

Wilco: We have been doing writing and using the visible thinking routine where we answer questions about a different picture each time and then we have to write a story about it. We have been using Prodigy where you are a wizard and you have to fight monsters and if you want to cast a spell you have to do mathematics.

River and Edie cooking up a storm.

Sotir: One of my favorite things this week was doing the Double Helix Quiz where I got 3/5.

Binderiya: When I was sharing my acrostic poem on a video I learnt that even though I made lots of mistakes on the first try, just don’t give up and Ta-Da last try boom got it right. Whoo!

Charlotte: I love coding!

Iggy: I am excited that we are going back to school because I have not seen some of my friends since the coronavirus started.

Aimi : I have been making mini Isadora Moon books. I have read the Isadora Moon books by Harriet Muncaster and now I’ve made my own mini ones. I loved doing it.

Ava: We have been cooking sandwiches and pancakes. We have also been learning about time and money.

Ihsahn: I like coding because I like the games and making cool stuff.

Tuesday, Remy and Charlotte observing the natural world.

Ebony. I learnt that when something is bad there are still positive things that can happen. I also learnt some grammar rules like where an apostrophe goes and when you knock out the “E” and when you don’t. I’m also learning lots of spelling. I’ve also had a bit of trouble with skip counting and practising helped me.

Have a fantastic weekend and we’ll see you on Tuesday.

The Year 2 Team