Term 2 Week 1 Learning Reflection

Dear Parents and Carers,

This is our first Blog Post for Term 2. Ruby, Kate and Warrick would like to keep the Year 2 Neighbourhood Blog this term going even though we are not in the same building.  Here are some of the students’ thoughts and reflections about our first week of remote learning that were uploaded to us on Seesaw today. We will look for other ideas to add in the coming weeks.  A very big thank you again from the Year 2 Teaching Team to all of the parents and carers who have helped our students with their remote learning this week.  

Student Reflections:

Wilco: We have been focusing on foot width and hand with. We measured things with our hands and feet.  Then we write them on a piece of paper and make a list of things

Evie H.: I have learnt more about division and a lot more about maths.

Ebony: I liked the activity where you wrote what you were good at because it helped me with my spelling.  I really liked the activity where you drew how you were feeling. I am braver now that I did that activity. 

Edie: I had so much fun this week, although the week was hard for me. Thank you Warrick, Ruby and Kate.

Binderiya: I have learnt to be patient this week and to keep going.

Eve: I learnt how to measure hand spans and different ways to get to 48.

Iggy: This week I have learnt that artists do self-portraits every day by touch, not with mirrors.  

Aurelian: This week we have been focusing on how to learn on line and how to use a computer.Trying hard not to get distracted by our toys in our rooms.

Joanna: during this learning online thing I have been writing about harry potter and the half blood prince. I have been writing about my favourite parts and stuff like that.

I have been measuring my foot-span and hand-span. I have been looking for things in the house that were longer than 3 of my hand spans, but shorter than 4 of my hand spans. I found out that my dog was 51cm and shorter than 4 of my foot spans.

Alex: I have been focused on mental maths with large numbers like 260. I am working to make this easier. I have been focused on reading fun and challenging books from my room. Learning book reviews are fun.

Seb. F: Getting work done on Seesaw. Having fun.

Charlotte: I would love to see everyone’s work and do some too. I have been doing some good art.

Makaila: How I feel about home school is it is hard to concentrate because I miss my FRIENDS ✌🏻❤️👌🐶 and I can’t concentrate because my dog is distracting me. 🐶

Camilla: I have been doing art and going to the beach. They help me with my imagination and art.

Nina: I feel proud of the maths I have done this week. I like that my family can see what I am doing at school. 

Miles: I have been playing the guitar. I started with Marc and then I thought it was very interesting to play Spanish Mackerel March.The next song Marc showed me was called Ode to the Joy and I really enjoyed it and now I have played it for my teachers Ruby, Kate and Warrick.

I also enjoyed arts and craft because when I started I painted a little bit and then I made a bunny house for my bunny toys. It made me feel happy and excited.

I miss my friends from school because I have not seen them for a long time.

Tuesday: I learnt how to read the clock.

See you all next week.

The Year 2 Team