Una Serata con il Coro dei Bambini ed I Tre Tenori

Che spettacolo! Che magnifico cantare e ballare!

On Wednesday 14th November forty-four very excited year 3-6 students travelled to Brunswick North PS to take part in a half day rehearsal for their evening performance. Throughout the year the students have attended weekly rehearsals at their respective schools to learn and practise a variety of Italian traditional, popular and children’s songs. The Coro has gone from strength to strength since its inception six years ago. This year our Coro consists of 132 very committed students from the two schools. The Coro is a wonderful collaborative experience for the teachers and students alike as we explore the rich beauty of Italian song and musical culture.

That evening our Coro was proud to present their repertoire of seven songs and tarantella dance for their families. Our event was held at the Abruzzo Club, Lygon St East Brunswick. We enjoyed an evening of authentic Italian flavour, with singing, dancing and delicious pizze and calzoni, Many parents commented that it was a wonderful community event and that it was lovely to connect with people who live in their neighbourhood. I’d like to extend a huge grazie firstly to our delightful Coro for their commitment and magnificent singing, to Matilda De Vere, Joanna (mum of Lekzi) and Claudia (mum of Mila F) for supporting us at the half day rehearsal, to Esme and Sia for joining us at the event and for helping to serve hundreds of calzoni, and to Julie for assisting with the organisational details! Grazie a tutti!

Here is some feedback from our Coro and families:

It was awesome. I had so much fun dancing with my friends.

We were transported!

When I’m an adult I will smile when I remember this!

Beautiful, happy kids!

What a perfect ending to a wonderful italiano experience. I will miss il Coro dei Bambini so much!

Anne-Maree Seccull