Week 4 – Learning Focus

This week in the neighbourhoods our inquiry questions are exploring all the elements that make up our own identity and answering the following questions;

• What is my identity made up of?
  • What are the characteristics that form and inform my identity?
  • How have I developed and changed over time?
  • How have my experiences shaped my identity?
  • What are the moments in my life that have impacted my identity?

We are doing this through:

Recounts & Public Speaking 

Students are continuing writing and editing their recounts. Looking at the key moments that have changed and formed them. Many students are also beginning to record and present their recounts, building on public speaking skills and Foley Artistry techniques we have been learning about this term. Soon these stories will be ready to be shared with the whole community and we would love to hear some of your interesting and life-changing moments also!

Identity Artworks

Expressing identity comes in many forms, this term students are developing personal artworks that communicate who they are. This week students will continue to research artists, looking at their messages and the ways they use imagery to community identity. Everyone is creating different art pieces and so both neighbourhoods are getting increasingly busy, filled with painters, street artists, sculptors and digital artists!

The Human Body 

Our math and biology investigation this week has a focus on volume and capacity, we are learning about the different parts of the body and comparing them and exploring how they change over time.

Authors Study

This week also marks the halfway point of our current author’s studies. Students across both neighbourhoods are working collaboratively to explore different authors, their work, their writing techniques and their message.

3/4 Team