Term 2 Week 2 Learning Reflection

Dear parents and carers,

As a neighbourhood we have been exploring connections in nature. The Year 3 neighbourhood watched a documentary by David Attenborough called Our Planet and we learnt there is a flower that produces nectar which bees fall into because it’s slippery. The bees try to escape through a narrow tunnel. When they go through the tunnel a pollen sac is stuck to their backs. It then carries this pollen to other flowers. (Ivy) This is a connection in nature. 

We also watched a program about wolves in Yellowstone National Park. Wolves were put back in the park which caused there to be less deer. This meant there were more trees. This meant the beavers could make more dams. This meant the water level rose and moved more slowly. (Evie H, Undram, Ivy, Sotir, Wilco, Thomas and Decca) These are other examples of connections in nature. 

I am going to do some more research about the connections in nature in my garden. (Tuesday) 

I have been looking at symbiotic relationships and it turns out that there are two types which I am going to research more about. (Iggy) 

I am going to learn more about how animals help other animals. (Miles) 

I know that interconnected means that everything is connected to each other. Like, say a Great White Shark is part of the food chain and it eats fish and seals. They are connected. (Jack B)

The Year 3 neighbourhood